Catherine Ross, MD, FRCPC
Associate Professor, Pathology and Molecular Medicine
Division: Anatomical Pathology
Education and Professional Standing
- FRCPC Anatomical Pathology, 1998
- MD, McMaster University, 1988
- MSc Cancer Research Group, McMaster University, 1985
As a Pathologist, Dr. Ross provides service through the Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine Program. Her research interests include lymphoma diagnosis and prognosis.
Dr. Ross’s clinical focus encompasses hematopathology and she is involved in diagnostics for lymphomas and leukemias. She is also the director of the flow cytometry laboratory for the LHIN4 region. She is the co-director of the quality assurance program for the pathology department.
Dr. Ross is also actively involved in the Undergraduate (M.D.) and Postgraduate Medical Educational Programs. She is the lab medical residency program coordinator for hematopathology and she is actively involved in undergraduate and post graduate teaching. Dr. Ross is secretary for the Canadian Association of Pathologists AP section and the CAP quality committee.
- Ghanny, S, Ross, C, Chan, A K, Chan, H H. Coagulopathy in a Patient with Nephrotic Syndrome. American Journal of Hematology 2010 (accepted).
- Bishara R, Ross C, Sur M. Primary anaplastic large cell lymphoma of the breast arising in reconstruction mammoplasty capsule of saline filled breast cancer: An unusual case presentation. Diagnostic Pathology 2009;11.
- El-Demellaway D, Sur M, Ross C, Denardi F, Alowami S. Composite Multifocal Basal Cell Carcinoma and Precursors B Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Case Report. Diagn Pathol. 2007;2:32.
- El-Demellaway D, Ross C, Sur M, Alowami S. Synchronously diagnosed lymph nodal collision tumor of malignant melanoma and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma: case report. Diagn Pathol 2007;2:34.
- Sur M, AlArdati H, Ross C, Alowami S. TdT expression in Merkel cell carcinoma: potential diagnostic pitfall with blastic haematological malignancies and expanded immunohistochemical analysis. Mod Pathol 2007;20(11):1113-20.
- HOPE 2 Investigators. Homocysteine Lowering with Folic Acid and B Vitamins in Vascular Disease. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2006;Vol 354:1567-1577.
- HOPE 2 Investigators. Rationale, design and baseline characteristics of a large, simple, randomized trial of combined folic acid and vitamins B6 and B12 in high-risk patients: The Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation (HOPE)-2 trial. Can J Cardiol. 2006;22(1).
- Sur M, Ross C, Moens F, Daya D. Intravascular large B-cell lymphoma of the uterus: a diagnostic challenge. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2005;24(2):201-3.
- Lonn E, Bosch J, Usuf S, Sheridan P, Pogue J, Arnold JM, Ross C, Arnold A, Sleight P, Probstfield J, Dagenais GR. HOPE and HOPE-TOO Trial Investigators. Effects of Long-Term Vitamin E Supplementation on Cardiovascular Events and Cancer: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2005;293(11):1387-90.
- Sur ML, Ross C.A., Moens, F, Daya D. Intravascular Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. A Marker for Disease Progression. Pathology- Research and Practice Journal 2005; 201:644.
- Sur M, Ross C, El Demellawy D, Provias J, Murthy N. Primary Intracerebral Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in the setting of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection: Importance of Adequate Sampling. Pathology- Research and Practice Journal 2005;201:655.
- Chorneyko K, Giesler R, Sabatino D, Ross C, Lobo F, Shuhaibar H, Chen V, Elavathil L, Denardi F, Ansari S, Salama S, LeBlanc V, Norman G, Sheridan B, Riddell R. Telepathology for routine light microscopic and frozen section diagnosis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2002 May;117(5):783-90.
- Dabrosin C, Gyorffy S, Margetts P, Ross C, Gauldie J. Therapeutic effect of angiostatin gene transfer in a murine model of endometriosis. Am J Pathol. 2002 Sep;161(3):909-18.
- McNeil SM, Woulfe J, Ross C, Tarnopolsky MA. Congenital inflammatory myopathy: a demonstrative case and proposed diagnostic classification. Muscle Nerve. 2002 Feb;25(2):259-64.
- Ferri M, Ross C, Harvey JT. Recurrent orbital angiolymphoid hyperplasia with eosinophilia (Kimura's disease). Can J Ophthalmol. 1999 Aug;34(5):290-3.