To advocate for the health of our planet and to educate pathologists, pathologists' assistants, physicians and the public about environmental issues in the laboratory and outside, and how these affect our health.
Climate Change Symposium - The Annual Meeting of the CAP-ACP next year in Halifax will feature a half day symposium on Climate Change and Health with the following presentations:
- Nicola Cherry, MD, PhD, Tripartite Chair of Occupational Health, Division of Preventive Medicine, University of Alberta – Health Effects of Wild Fires in Alberta
- Dr. Bhus, IAP Executive and Dean of Academic Affairs, St George’s University Grenada, and Head of Pathology – Laboratory Services After A Caribbean Hurricane
- Rochelle Owen, BSc, MES, LEED GA, Executive Director, Office of Sustainability, Dalhousie University – Climate change planning, strategies and the role of organizations in making change
- Christopher Milroy, MD – Health Effects of Heat Waves
- A series of short presentations by children of CAP-ACP Members
Annual Meeting of the Environment NSN at the CAP-ACP Annual Meeting - Date, time and venue TBA
Climate Change Toolkit from the Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment
This includes a module on environmental actions for health care institutions.
Green Office Toolkit from the Canadian Coalition for Green Healthcare
- Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment -https://cape.ca/
- Health Professionals Call to Action - https://cape.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Press-Release-CC-Call-to-Action-Feb-4-1.pdf
Social Media Links