The CAP-ACP value of membership is intrinsic to achieving the mission, vision and goals and the CAP-ACP is committed to innovate and provide increased learning opportunities, services, and connections in the year ahead.
Strengthening the specialty of and supporting members’ practices and patients, CAP-ACP offers a full depth and breadth of benefits designed to help physicians meet new challenges and build successful careers.
Your Membership Is Important
- It grows and mentors the next generation of pathologists & pathologists' assistants
- It supports the ongoing development of research and education
- It gives pathologists a voice in policy making
- Support the CAP-ACP's investment in your own career, and in the future of pathology and laboratory medicine in Canada
- Member of a national network of professional contacts from coast-to-coast in Canada, with easy access to them through the Secretariat.
- Access to the members area of the CAP-ACP website, which includes blogs, web forums, association documents, a membership directory, a newsletter archive, and workspaces for CAP-ACP sections and committees
- Entitled to reduced registration fees for Virtual Education, Annual Conference, Banff Course, and Resident Review Course
- Digital access to the Canadian Journal of Pathology
- Directly influence the training of future pathologists and the practice of pathology in Canada by participation in CAP-ACP Sections, Committees and Special Interest Groups.
- Receive the results of professional demographic, income, and workload surveys
Frequently asked questions about the CAP-ACP and the benefits of membership can be found here: https://cap-acp.org/faq.php
In-Person Networking: Connecting face-to-face with your peers (both person and over video conferencing) is extremely valuable to your professional development and expanding your network. The Association offers a variety of ways to network in-person:
- Volunteer your time
- The Annual Scientific Meeting, an annual conference bringing together the largest gathering of pathologists & PAs in Canada.
- Resident Review Course organized annually for pathology residents. It provides an overview of core topics in the specialty.
- Sections, National Specialty Networks (NSN) and Committees: Offer opportunities for collaboration, contributions of expertise and interaction with other physicians in a particular area of interest by e-mail or in person at the Annual Scientific Meeting. There many sections, NSNs and committees and you may join as many Groups that interest you.
- Section 1 Credits: The CAP-ACP annual meeting features a multi-disciplinary scientific program, renowned guest speakers, an extensive trade show and a great social program. It is a unique opportunity to update your skills and knowledge and to network with Healthcare professionals, residents and students with a focus on pathology. The Annual General Meetings for CAP-ACP, the PA Section and CCCPA will be held during this meeting.
- The CAP-ACP is proud to launch our robust Virtual Education Series (VES) and Long Course (LC) Scientific Program over the course of the 2021 calendar year. This series is in lieu of the in-person conference. Tuition for the entire educational program and all long courses is only $299 for members. You can purchase the long courses individually if you wish for $150 each however it is a much better value to buy the entire package for the great value of $299 + tax. Affiliates (Associates, Corresponding, PAs and PGY members) pay a reduced rate of $199 for the VES/LC combo or $150 for each long course. The main tuition ($299/$199) gives you access to all recordings, all long courses and all live sessions. (Purchase of a long course will only give you access to that specific long course.) Once you log into the member area, you can remit your membership dues and access the member rate tuition.
- Poster Presentations: Each year during the Annual Scientific Meeting, members have the opportunity to present their research findings to attendees. All selected abstracts are also published and distributed in the Canadian Journal of Pathology.
- Awards & Contests: Several awards to recognize leaders in research and education for pathologists, residents, PAs and technicians.
- Careers: Website page dedicated to help connect you with your dream job.
- Medical Student Committee: Offerings to help medical students to learn about PM&R, connect with resident mentors, and learn more about the programs across Canada.
News & Information
- https://cap-acp.org/pathology-news.php: This website is continually updated with the latest in news and resources, so that you have a go-to resource 24/7.
- Policies & Bylaws: Members have access to policies and bylaws that have been developed to support the activities of the association.
Canadian Journal of Pathology (CJP)
Canadian Journal of Pathology (CJP) is a quarterly peer-reviewed publication owned by the Canadian Association of Pathologists (CAP-ACP) with an international editorial board of pathology and laboratory medicine experts. The journal covers a wide spectrum of diagnostic and research aspects of laboratory medicine ranging from anatomical pathology, microbiology, chemistry, hematopathology and molecular pathology. The journal’s mandate is to provide comprehensive and up-to-date information that will engage dialect amongst pathologists internationally. The inaugural issue was published in April 2009.
The CAP-ACP is pleased to offer it's Resident and PA members a discounted license to ExpertPath. ExpertPath, written by renowned pathologists in each specialty, provides comprehensive decision support you can rely on. Cost is only $125 per year for CAP-ACP Resident and PA members.
Announcing a new way for CAP-ACP members to save!
The CAP-ACP wants to ensure your status as a member offers you valuable benefits and privileges. That's why we're pleased to announce a new agreement with TD Insurance Meloche Monnex. Members, as well as spouses or dependent children under 25 living at home, now have access to the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex program, offering preferred group rates on home, condo, renter's and car insurance.
TD Insurance Meloche Monnex, part of the TD Bank Group, has been offering quality insurance products & services nationally for over 65 years. They offer professional and personalized insurance advice by licensed representatives to help you determine the right insurance coverage at the right price. From getting a quote to filing a claim, their knowledgeable advisors will help you find the options that are right for you.
Feel confident your home, condo, renter's or car insurance coverage fits your needs. Get a TD Insurance Meloche Monnex quote now by calling 1-866-293-9730 or visiting http://www.tdinsurance.com/cappathologistsmembers
The TD Insurance Meloche Monnex program is underwritten by Security National Insurance Company. It is distributed by Meloche Monnex Insurance and Financial Services Inc., Damage Insurance Agency in Quebec, and by TD Insurance Direct Agency Inc. in the rest of Canada. Our address: 50 Place Cremazie, 12th Floor, Montreal, Quebec H2P 186.
Due to provincial legislation, this car insurance program is not offered in British Columbia, Manitoba or Saskatchewan.
†Ranks based on data available from OSFI, Insurers, Insurance Bureau of Canada and Provincial Regulators as at
December 31, 2018.
All trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
® The TD logo and other TD trade-marks are the property of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
CAP-ACP provides and maintains a national professional forum and network for the exchange of information and opinion. As a member, your contributions are important to the Association. Therefore, please feel free to contact the CAP-ACP if you have any questions, have suggestions, or become aware of an issue that you believe should be addressed by the Association.
We do count on and appreciate your support, every year, so that the we can maintain our vision, mission and goals. Thank you for renewing your support to the CAP-ACP. We look forward to your active participation in the affairs of your National Specialty Society.