Posting Date:Tue, 27 Oct 2020
Date to Apply By: 29 Nov 2020
Estimated Start Date: 01 Jan 2021
Address: 451 Smyth Road
The University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine (FoM), The Ottawa Hospital (TOH), CHEO and the Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA) invite applications and nominations for this senior leadership position.
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine is founded on three pillars - clinical service delivery, research and teaching and offers the full breadth of modern testing in a dedicated, timely and efficient manner. The Department also administers a collaborative graduate program in Pathology and Experimental Medicine.
The successful candidate will work with their administrative co-leads to oversee laboratory services at 16 member hospitals delivering over 13 million tests annually; manage a team of over 70 Medical and Scientific staff; oversee the academic activities in 3 academic member hospitals and supporting bilingual undergraduate and post graduate teaching programs for medical students and residents. The candidate will be the board appointed Departmental Chief at the Ottawa Hospital and CHEO; Chief of Staff at EORLA as well as lead the academic portfolio for Faculty.
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine offers a wide variety of routine and esoteric tests in a dedicated, timely and efficient manner. As a key member of EORLA's senior management team, they will help ensure high quality laboratory services are available within all hospitals in the region, whether they be large academic facilities or small community hospitals. They will also lead the development and introduction of new laboratory techniques required to enhance diagnostic procedures in our population.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
• A seasoned leader willing to take on the challenge of leading within each of the four (4) organizations simultaneously;
• A proven track record of engaging teams, balancing multiple organizational proirities and the effective delivery of clinical services, academic excellence and research in alignment with the mission, vision, values, policies and objectives of each organization;
• An outstanding leader who has demonstrated national or international impact in one or more of the following domains: record in patient care, teaching, academic leadership and research;
•Experience working within the context of a regional health system or in a laboratory serving multiple institutions;
• A clinician or researcher who is in good standing with their professional governing body;
• A university rank of Associate or Full Professor;
• Eligibility for medical licensure in Ontario (if applicable); and
• Fluency in one official language with at least a passive knowledge of the other.
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Jennifer Dale
Contact Address: 451 Smyth Road
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 6132610262