Posting Date:Wed, 03 Nov 2021
Date to Apply By: Until Filled
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
DynaLIFE Medical Labs is currently looking to fill a part time opportunity in Edmonton, Alberta.
This Medical Lead will provide leadership and strategic direction in training, examination and implementation of digital pathology for clinical use as well as projects related to artificial intelligence and
• to promote and implement a diagnostic digital pathology strategy
• to provide leadership and strategic development for the use of diagnostic digital technology in appropriate pathology specialties
• to keep up to date with changes in medical and scientific training and standards and provide expert advice with regard to the development of digital pathology
• to scope and work with appropriate training committees to develop a proposal for the introduction of digital pathology into curricula, assessments and examinations
• to promote the digital pathology strategy and its further development
• to represent Dynalife at appropriate internal and external meetings regarding diagnostic digital pathology
• any other duties that will drive forward the diagnostic digital pathology strategy research.
The selected candidate will join a group of general and anatomical pathologists, medical microbiologists and clinical chemists providing community and hospital laboratory services.
DynaLIFE has been providing laboratory and diagnostic services to Albertans for more than 50 years. We are a privately owned laboratory with approximately 1100 employees at 36 sites across Northern Alberta. We perform over 14 million laboratory tests per year. We have 30 medical professionals working collaboratively to support our base laboratory located in our beautiful facility in downtown Edmonton as well as several laboratories located in rural locations.
Our reputation for excellence is founded on our commitment to customer and patient care. Ability to contribute collegially to the group practice and laboratory operations and the willingness to provide on-site coverage for rural hospitals will be important factors in candidate selection.
DynaLIFE is proud to have recently been named one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies. Our future is bright and we continue to build and develop our team.
Candidates must have or be eligible to acquire their Canadian Fellowship in their respective discipline and must qualify for licensure in Alberta. Additional training or experience in Digital Pathology is preferred.
Remuneration is generous and in line with the Alberta Medical Association negotiated grid for pathologists ($353,874 – $411,650). Benefits include general and CME leave and there is a flexible work system.
If you are interested in this position or wish to explore future opportunities with our company, please contact, in confidence, Raymond Lai MD, PhD, FRCPC - Medical Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Dr. Erene Farag